This page contains information concerning Flag State Regulations in relation with applicable provisions to ensure safety of ships and prevent marine pollution from ships. This information can be used by ship owners or any interested party to understand everything about Flag State Regulations.
B. REGULATIONS FOR INDONESIAN FLAGGED VESSELS
B.1. THE VESSELS SHALL HAVE CLASS
That is stated for Indonesian flagged vessels engaged either in domestic or International voyages shall be class by recognized classification societies, which the requirements are applicable for the following criteria:
- Having length of between perpendicular in aft and fore is 20 m or above
- Having Gross Tonnage 100 or above; or
- Being driven by the main propulsion 250 HP or above.
B.2. REGULATIONS OF CONVENTION VESSELS
For Indonesian flagged vessels engaged either in the domestic or International voyages shall refer to safety standards assigned by Government of Indonesia which are stipulated in National regulations and the regulations can be downloaded in this link
B.3. REGULATIONS OF NON-CONVENTION VESSELS
For Indonesian flagged vessels which are not subject to regulations mentioned in the paragraph B.2 (Regulations of Convention Vessels), Government of Indonesia determines standards for non-convention vessel (hereinafter called “NCVS” (Non-Conventions Vessels Standards) to ensure the ship’s safety. The regulations are applicable to all existing and new Indonesian flagged non-convention vessels which are subject to International Conventions inter alia:
- All merchant vessel on domestic voyages;
- Merchant vessels less than 500 gross tonnage on international voyages;
- Vessels with non-mechanical propulsion (barge, pontoon and sailing vessel);
- Wooden vessels with sail and auxiliary propulsion engine (KLM) and wooden vessels with propulsion engine;
- Fishing vessels;
- Pleasure craft
- Vessels with NOVEL design;
- State vessels which are used for commercial purpose;
- All existing vessels which have been modified for other purpose
Here are the national legislations regulating the standards for non-convention vessels :
- Peraturan Menteri Perhubungan No. KM 65 Tahun 2009 tentang Standar Kapal Non Konvensi (Non Convention Vessel Standard) Berbendera Indonesia.
- NCVS Books
- NCVS Standard and technical guidelines.